Connecting to Readers & POV
Story Comics & Storyboards
Create Stories through Art, Acting and Songs
iWRITE at Home TV is brought to you by Phillips 66 making online viewing available to everyone. The episodes originally aired on Houston FOX 26 KRIV/My20 KTXH during the spring and summer of 2020. The FOX initiative provided educational and fun learning programs for all kids at home. The program is hosted by iWRITE Founder and Children’s author, Melissa Williams Murphy, with cameos from the iWRITE Mascot, “i” The Guy. Each episode includes guest appearances by children’s authors, iWRITE kid writers and the iWRITE Illustrator, Ryan Shaw and includes a fictional character and story development exercise.
iWRITE Mindfulness Writing Series
Join iWRITE Alum and Actor, Chase Alexander, on a writing journey for student writers of all ages!
Thank you to our sponsor, Phillips 66, for launching the iWRITE Mindfulness Series!
Be on the lookout for new episodes each month!
10 Day Virtual Writing Workshop
iWRITE’s Virtual Creative Writing Workshop gives kids 7 to 12 years old the opportunity to learn how to create characters and stories with professional authors and illustrators.
Time: Anytime that fits into your schedule
Log into your workshop anytime, anywhere! All you need is a computer, notebook, a pencil and a few colored pencils to participate.
Instructors: iWRITE Founder & Children’s Author, Melissa Williams Murphy & iWRITE Illustrator, Ryan Shaw
What the workshop includes:
- Ten days of hands on writing and illustration video lessons & activities
- Learn how to create your own fictional character and completed story
- Learn how to develop a unique character, how to hook your reader, how to create a dynamic plot, how to turn your story into a visual experience, how real authors brainstorm
- Students will get to view real author manuscripts and the stages of story and character creation
- Resources on how to get published
- Guest author appearances for extra writing tips and tricks